Typical mistakes when applying makeup: check yourself?
None of us was born with the knowledge of how to apply makeup. Every woman went through this difficult path of trial and error, either by herself or through glossy magazines. Now there are a huge number of sources of information that will easily avoid insidious and absurd mistakes.
I bring to your attention a list that may seem banal and simple to you, but it will be a kind of check – do you ignore all the points?
1. Incorrectly selected shade of foundation. Each of us experienced firsthand how difficult it is to find exactly our own shade of foundation that would blend into the skin and not be visible on the face. How insulting it is to buy an expensive tonalnik, and then look like a ghost or as a fireman. Choosing the color of the foundation, apply it on the skin and, if possible, go out into the daylight, this will help not to make a fatal mistake.
To date, BB creams have appeared, which are an excellent alternative to foundation, blend with the skin and have a beneficial effect on it due to the content of natural ingredients. For example, Korean manufacturers almost always have only one shade of BB cream for different skin types, therefore it is impossible to be mistaken.
2. Applying foundation to untidy skin. Even a very expensive foundation or foundation will look disgusting on unkempt skin with scaling, redness and pimples. Use caring cosmetics that suit your skin type, eat right, drink enough water and be sure to moisturize even very oily skin. In this case the tonalnik will ideally lie on the face and will not disappear by lunchtime.
The same applies to lipstick – always exfoliate lips from time to time so that lipstick is evenly distributed: take a pinch of sugar with honey and massage your lips, then apply a balm.
3. Use makeup products that do not suit your skin type. For oily skin, avoid tones with a fat content, use mineral makeup. And with dry skin, it is better not to use powder, which will only emphasize wrinkles. If in doubt about the type of your skin, visit a good cosmetologist.
4. An excess of makeup on the face or, on the contrary, its complete absence. Of course, you can take out the garbage or run to the store for bread “in full dress” (and suddenly, on the way, the prince will meet on a white horse, and you are all so perfectly beautiful), but by and large you always need to correspond to the place and event. It is the same as appearing at a glamorous party without makeup and with hair gathered into a ponytail with the help of a worn type of rubber band.
5. Too plucked eyebrows. Everywhere need a golden mean. Eyebrows, strings, as well as “Brezhnev” eyebrows, have long been out of fashion. Note that if you overdo it with plucking, then the hairs will no longer grow in the future at all, then you will have to resort to the procedure of permanent makeup. Just choose the natural shape of the eyebrows that suits your face.
6. Inaccurately painted eyelashes. There is nothing worse than the so-called spider eyelashes, which are visible for a kilometer. Do not forget that mascara, like any other cosmetics, periodically need to throw. Leave mascara without regret if you have been using it for more than six months or if the brush has started to lose appearance. By the way, if you wash the tube well, you can pour castor oil there and apply overnight on eyelashes and eyebrows.
7. Traces of mascara under the eyes. In hot or humid weather mascara can brazenly “spread” to all the surrounding space – on the eyelids and under the eyes. To avoid this, it is better not to use a rich cream in this area before applying makeup.
8. Contour lip liner darker lipstick itself. Contour pencil should be darker than lipstick a maximum of half a tone! If in doubt when buying a pencil, ask the consultant to show “nude” pastel shades – pale pink or peach. By the way, some use simple proofing pencils instead of contour pencils to keep lipstick or gloss “within the bounds of decency”.
9. Use bright blue or blue shadows, as well as all the colors of the rainbow on the eyelids at the same time. Only today I saw such a “copy” on the metro – a pretty woman was generously “decorated” with bright blue shadows. In principle, I have never met anyone on whom they would look organically. If only in some nightclub in the twilight …